Engaging and inspiring youth
Lifesaving sport is the only sport whose skills are first
learned for humanitarian purposes. Through lifesaving sport, the
Lifesaving Society seeks to engage and inspire youth in our
drowning prevention mission. Our lifesaving sport objectives
- To support the drowning prevention work of the Lifesaving
Society and its humanitarian mission.
- To provide athletes, coaches and officials opportunities for
participation in lifesaving sport at all levels from developmental
to high performance.
- To position the Lifesaving Society internationally as a
leader in lifesaving sport.
While lifesaving competition in Canada has changed significantly
since the Society's first Canadian Lifeguard Championships in 1977,
some things never change. Our humanitarian mission remains the
foundation of all of the Society's activities.
What to look for in new brunswick
Parents and kids can look forward to Lifesaving Sport for
Juniors popping up around the province this fall.
Please look for demonstrations taking place at local pools and
beaches during the National Drowning Prevention Week in July.
Here is the list of confirmed facilities running fall
- Dieppe Aquatic and Sports Centre (Dieppe)
- Piscine Jeanne-Lévesque, U de Moncton (Moncton)
- Fredericton Indoor Pool (Fredericton)
- YMCA of Fredericton (Fredericton)
*Other facilities to be confirmed.