To remain "current", Instructors, Examiners and Trainers must
recertify their award(s) within 24 months of the certification or
last recertification date.
The Lifesaving Society's Credit System recognizes individual
needs and interests by encouraging leadership personnel to learn
and improve through continuing education and professional
- Earn 3 credits during the 2-year certification period by
participating in courses, clinics and training programs identified
on the Lifesaving Society Credit List.
- Download and
save the fillable Credit Form to your computer or
- Record your credits. Credits for other agency certifications
and teaching Swim for Life require the signature of the course
evaluator or the pool supervisor.
- Print or save the completed form.
- E-mail the completed fillable form to email@example.com, fax
to 709-738-1475, or mail the completed Credit Form to the Society's
office. Payment is required before your new certifications cards
are issued, so please call us with your credit form information or
include a cheque when you mail the form to us.
- We will send you a renewed certification card (valid for
another 2 years).
- Leadership awards recertified at different times are subject to
a recertification fee each time. Recertifying all your leadership
certifications at the same time reduces your cost.
Examiners and Trainers note: Examiners
must select at least 1 credit from items on the Credit List marked
with a *. Trainers must have taught an instructor course in the
last two years.